Posted by: ed | March 28, 2008

Roebuck’s pottery in the spotlight

ONE of the occupants of Kinneil House – and his venture into the world of commercial pottery – is highlighted in a new website.

Dr John Roebuck moved to the historic mansion in 1764. He ran coal mines in Bo’ness and worked with inventor James Watt. However, Roebuck hit money problems and became bankrupt. The new site – www.bonesspottery.com – tells how he then took over the South Pottery in the town, under the name of his eldest son John, to avoid his creditors.

The new website, which is packed with useful information and photographs, is the brainchild of local historian Robert Jardine.

Advertisements

Categories

%d bloggers like this: